7 Great quotes about libraries on photos of beautiful libraries
With libraries around the world in danger of extinction, Flavorwire posted a series of great quotes about libraries from famous writers. I decided to pair them with some of the world’s most beautiful libraries. You’re welcome;
- Trinity College Library - University of Dublin
- University Club Library – New York City
- Admont Abbey Library – Austria
- Real Gabinete Português de Leitura – Rio de Janeiro
- Suzzalo Library at the University of Washington – Seattle
- Yale University’s Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Canadian Library of Parliament – Ottawa
Click on the photo to see it full size. Support your local library, kids.
Missing from this list is, of course, the vast Bodleian Library—especially the interior of Radcliffe Camera.
Dorothy and Alice
WHERE CAN I BUY A POSTER OF THIS?!
and it’s no accident that this segment is conveniently left out of our education
This is why I feel uncomfortable when I mark “white” on paperwork that wants to know my ethnicity. “European descent” seems more accurate and less emotionally and ethically loaded as “white.” Since I’m not a person of color, I don’t feel like I can comment on the term “black”—some people I know prefer it, some don’t.
We need to stop calling our little girls bossy, and say instead ‘My daughter has executive leadership skills.’
- Sheryl Sandberg
Shots from my tour of the Bahai Gardens in Haifa, Israel.
Beautiful grasshopper-like insect I found while hiking northern Israel near the city of Safed (Tzfat).